At the heart of Graham’s Vintage Ports are the wines from the company’s famed Quinta dos Malvedos. Acquired in 1890, it is acknowledged to be one of the Upper Douro’s finest vineyards.
Built in 1834, Quinta do Tua belonged to Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira and then Cockburn's, before the Symington family bought it in 2006 for Graham's. The quinta has a charming house looking across the mouth of the Tua River towards Quinta dos Malvedos, and some of the finest and most well-preserved stone walled terraces in the region.
A supplier of top quality grapes to W & J Graham’s for over a century and one of the largest and finest properties in the Rio Torto valley, Quinta das Lages has been leased for 25 years for Graham’s and is managed by the Symington family.
Quinta da Vila Velha is owned privately by a member of the Symington family and the grapes are used by Graham’s for some of their finest Ports.
Dow’s was one of the first Port companies to recognise the importance of vineyard ownership in the Douro. Quinta do Bomfim, one of the finest properties in the Upper Douro, was acquired by the company in 1896 and is the oldest quinta in continuous ownership. Located on the river at Pinhão, it is widely recognised as one of the finest properties in the Upper Douro.
Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira was originally acquired by Dow’s in 1890. The years after the Second World War were very difficult for the Port trade, and the decision was made to sell this Quinta in 1954. In most years, however, Dow's bought and vinified the Quinta's grapes, so they continued to be fundamental to Dow's Vintage Ports. The Symington family marked the Bicentenary of Dow's in 1998 by repurchasing the Quinta once more.
Warre's Quinta da Cavadinha is one of the finest vineyards in the Pinhão valley, one of the Upper Douro's finest Port-growing regions.The Quinta was bought by the company in 1980.
Located in the famous Rio Torto Valley, Quinta do Retiro Antigo has been an integral part of Warre's greatest Vintage Ports since 1935, when the Serôdio family purchased the estate and began selling the grapes to Andrew James Symington. Nearly 80 years later, the Symingtons have acquired this vineyard from the family and several of the Serôdios hold key positions within Warre's and Symington Family Estates.
The Quinta da Telhada vineyard was acquired by Cockburn’s in 1980 and was planted in 1986. In 2006 the property was acquired by the Symington family for Warre’s.
Quinta dos Canais is one of the largest and most beautiful properties in the Douro Superior. The Quinta’s name derives from a remarkable system of stone water channels (canais in Portuguese) built in the 19th century to convey the water from the striking Sibio waterfall, which cascades down a massive stone rock face on the steep west hillside of the estate, down to the Quinta’s orange and olive groves. Canais produces some of the Douro’s finest wines and has formed the mainstay of Cockburn’s Vintage Ports for nearly a century.